Art field: Calligraphy and Typeface Design
Subject: Calligraphy and Typeface Design
Employee of the Faculty of Applied Arts since 1995. Graduated in 1985 and finished postgraduated studies in 2001 from the Graphic Department of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade.
Promoted to the Professor title in 2009.
Head of Applied graphics department (2010-2013). President of the Chamber of doctoral studies in 2014.
»Belgrade – 3 créateurs de caractères«, with Jana Oršolić and Vedran Eraković, at the exhibition »Typographie cyrillique serbe contemporaine«, Centre culturel de Serbie à Paris, 2013
- »Words & Letters«, Museum of Applied Art, Belgrade, 2005
- »Kalligraphische Druckschriften«, Schrift-und Heimatmuseum »Bartlhaus«, Pettenbach, Austria, 2004
- »New Typefaces«, National Library, Belrade; National Library, Užice, City Library, Vršac; National Library, Arilje, 2002
- »Four Calligraphic and One Book Typeface«, Gallery »Grafički kolektiv«, Belgrade, 2001
- Rekonstruktion of 19 century Cyrillic typefaces (cursives), Faculty of Applied Arts, National Library, Belgrade, 1986–1987
- Times Cyrillic, typeface done on the basis of existing Latin, Center for artistic and scientific research from the University of Arts in Belgrade (under the supervision of the Cyrillic alphabet comission of Vuk's Foundation) 1993-1994
- ITC Aspera, ITC Rastko, International Typeface Corporation, USA 2000.
- ITC Hedera, International Typeface Corporation, USA, 2001.
- ITC Resavska, ITC Resavska Sans, type system, International Typeface Corporation, USA, 2004.
- ITC Anima, typeface family, International Typeface Corporation, Agfa Monotype, USA, 2006.
- Tesla, reconstruction of Nikola Tesla’s hadwriting, with the student Vladimir Popovic, Nikola Tesla Museum, Belgrade, 2006
- Resavska BG, typeface family, project »Cyrillic alphabet on gift« in cooperation with the City of Belgrade, Tipometar, 2006
- Resavska BG Sans,typeface family, project »Cyrillic alphabet on gift« in cooperation with the City of Belgrade, Tipometar, 2007
- Beljanski, reconstruction after the inscription in bronze by Nebojsa Mitrić, Memorial Collection of Pavle Beljanski, Novi Sad 2008.
- Milanković, after handwriting of Milutin Milanković, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Belgrade, 2009.
- Recognition of Matica srpska for the care of Serbian language culture in 2013, Novi Sad, 2014.
- Four awards in the category of typeface design in the competition »Griffin«, Belgrade, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2006.
- Plaque of ULUPUDS for typeface design at May Exhibition, Belgrade
Annual TDC (Type Directors Club) Award, New York, for the typeface ITC Aspera
- Special prize at the international exhibition »The World of ex-libris«, Belgrade, 1995.
- Awards for the book design at Belgrade International Book Fair, 1994, 1995, 1998.
- Gwyn Headley: The Encyclopedia of Fonts, Cassell Illustrated, London, 2005.
- Allan Haley: Five New Typefaces, STEP magazine, USA, 2005.
- Stjepan Fileki: 26+30, Pismo, Univerzitet umetnosti u Beogradu, 2010, 2012.
- Women in Graphic Design 1890–2012, editors Gerda Breuer andi Julia Meer, Jovis Verlag, 2012.
- Typeface designers in Serbia, Copyright script in Serbia, Museum of Applied Art in 2011, National Library of Serbia, 2012
- Cyrillic typography on the web, scientific conference Internet and Cyrillic, 2012
- Easier way to get Cyrillic on computer, Nova iskra, design incubator, 2014.
- Resava school of typeface design, Summer School of the University of Arts i, Resavica, 2010.
- Workshop of writing in Cyrillic with children who attend classes in the Serbian language, St. Sava Church, Paris, 2013.
The founder of the Association and editor of the website Tipometar (www.tipometar.org) that publishes written and visual materials in the field of typography and typeface design (with Olivera Batajić and Jana Orsolic), since 2004. Author and mentor of the project »Cyrillic alphabet on gift«, in cooperation with the City of Belgrade and the Ministry of culture of Serbia (2006-2014)